Feeling the financial strain of your monthly Xolair? The burden of paying for your Xolair prescription can be challenging, especially if you have substantial out-of-pocket costs due to an inadequate health insurance plan. If you’ve been tirelessly searching for a Xolair copay program, savings card, coupon or for other forms of financial assistance, you are not alone! Many Americans struggle to keep up with prescription medication costs, but there is hope! The team at The Rx Advocates can help you access patient assistance programs, which offer longer-term savings than any other means of drug assistance. We are committed to removing the financial burden of Xolair and other prescription medications, ensuring that essential medicines remain accessible to all, even during challenging times.
(using The Rx Advocates)
One Dose Pack
* Source: GoodRx.com
Save more on Xolair with its patient assistance program
Curious to know how the Xolair patient assistance program can help you save more? You’re on the right page! A prescription advocacy program well known across the US, The Rx Advocates can help you access your medications at low out-of-pocket costs. We partner with pharmaceutical companies that offer financial assistance to eligible patients, whether or not they have commercial insurance.
Compared to other programs, such as the Xolair copay program, eligibility criteria are less restrictive, and there are no hidden fees to worry about. With us, what you see is what you get! Our transparent pricing model is one reason people love working with us. We charge only a small monthly service fee of $70–$100, depending on how many medications you apply for. Here’s how it works:
- 1 Medication (Xolair only) – $70 per month
- 2 Medications (Xolair + 1 other) – $80 per month
- 3 Medications (Xolair + 2 others) – $90 per month
- 4+ Medications — $100 per month
The Rx Advocates is not a health insurance plan, copay program, prescription discount card, or coupon provider. Our mission is to facilitate prescription medication access for as many people as we can.
Xolair coupon limitations
Although a Xolair coupon can provide some immediate relief, it is not a dependable solution if you’re looking for long-term savings. There are several limitations to consider:
- Most Xolair coupons have expiration dates, and some can be used only a limited number of times. For example, a coupon may be valid only for the first few refills.
- Coupons have a limited scope of use, as they are often valid only at specific pharmacies, which can be frustrating if these pharmacies are not conveniently located.
- Due to a copay accumulator attached to your insurance plan, a coupon might not count toward your out-of-pocket maximum. This means you may still have to pay a significant portion of the cost of Xolair.
The cost of Xolair without financial assistance
As of January 2024, the average retail cost of Xolair is $1,468.00.
This price varies based on several factors, such as your location, the prescribed dose, the pharmacy’s location, and whether your health insurance plan covers prescription medications. These factors can make it challenging for people to afford this much needed drug.
The Rx Advocates can help you access the Xolair patient assistance program, getting you this medication at significantly lower out-of-pocket cost than you would pay with copay assistance.
How much will it cost with The Rx Advocates?
How much will it cost with The Rx Advocates?
If approved, by the Xolair Patient Assistance Program, you’ll be charged a fixed monthly service fee. This fee varies depending on the number of medications you qualify for. For example:
$70 / Month
$80 / Month
$90 / Month
$100 / Month
$70 / Month
$80 / Month
$90 / Month
$100 / Month
Eligibility criteria for the Xolair patient assistance program
- For singles, you earn less than $40,000 annually
- For couples, your combined annual income is less than $60,000
- For large families, your annual household income is less than $100,000
Xolair copay program FAQs
For people with an adequate health insurance plan, the Xolair copay program can help reduce costs. In this setup, a pharmaceutical company receives payments from both the patient and their insurance provider, but the insurance provider pays more. Because generic versions are often cheaper than brand-name medications, pharmaceutical companies have incentive to offer coupons to ensure competitive pricing and to provide financial assistance to eligible patients.
For example, suppose a brand-name prescription costs $150, while the generic version costs $50. If the patient’s copay is $20, they may opt for the brand-name medication, as their cost remains the same—$20 for either medication. With this choice, however, the brand-name pharmaceutical manufacturer will receive $130 from the insurance company.
The downside to the Xolair copay program is that not everyone qualifies for its help. According to the Xolair copay program website, eligible commercially insured patients may pay nothing for their medication. However, there are many eligibility criteria:
- One must be prescribed Xolair for an FDA-approved reason
- Children cannot be approved for financial assistance, as one must be 18 or older to qualify, though exceptions may be made if a legally authorized person applies on a child’s behalf
- One must have a commercial insurance plan, whether private or attained through state or federal health insurance marketplaces
- One may not qualify if they use government programs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, or TRICARE, to pay for medication
- People who receive financial help for healthcare costs from charitable organizations may be ineligible
Xolair uses, precautions, alternatives, and other FAQs
Omalizumab, brand name Xolair, is used to treat:
- Moderate to severe persistent asthma in adults and children over age six whose symptoms have shown no signs of improvement when using other treatments, including inhaled corticosteroids
- Chronic rhinosinusitis accompanied by nasal polyps in people over 18 when nasal corticosteroids have been ineffective
- Chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU) and chronic hives without a known cause in adults and children above age 12 who find no relief with H1 antihistamine treatment
Xolair works by reducing the release of substances in the blood that cause hypersensitivity symptoms. This decreases inflammation in the body, especially in the airways, making it easier to breathe. It also reduces itching and rash.
Always consult with your doctor if you have questions or concerns before starting a new treatment. It is very important to follow all guidelines when taking prescription drugs.
Here are a few precautions and warnings to keep in mind before using Xolair:
- Xolair is designed for subcutaneous use, which means it must be injected under the skin in an area such as the lower abdomen or thigh. If you are unsure how to correctly inject it, your doctor can offer drug administration assistance and tips.
- Xolair is typically prescribed to be injected once every 2 or 4 weeks. To prevent overdose, ensure that you know your recommended dosage and how often to inject. If you realize you have taken too much Xolair, go to your nearest emergency department immediately.
- Practice proper disposal of your needles to avoid injury. Sharing needles with someone else increases your risk of blood-borne infections.
- Live vaccines should be avoided while being treated with Xolair.
- Taking Xolair increases the risk of cancer and bone fracture.
Adverse effects of Xolair
Common adverse effects of Xolair include joint pain, fatigue, itching, headache, and nausea. These are usually mild and do not require medical attention. Although generally well tolerated, Xolair can also cause some serious adverse effects.
Contact your doctor right away if you notice any of these serious adverse reactions:
- Inflammation of blood vessels, which presents as sudden rash, chest pain, difficulty breathing, or a feeling of needles or numbness in your arms or legs
- Fever and muscle aches, which usually present 1 to 5 days after starting treatment
- Heart and blood circulation problems, which cause symptoms such as chest pain, heart attack, blood clots, stroke, weakness on one side of the body, slurred speech, or altered vision
Children are also at risk of developing some potentially serious adverse reactions from Xolair. If ignored, these effects may cause serious harm, so watch for the following:
Receive monthly discounts on Xolair with The Rx Advocates
Are high prices forcing you to search for financial assistance to cover the cost of Xolair? Many people are unsatisfied with the small savings offered by copay programs, coupons, savings cards, and other discounts. The Rx Advocates, however, can help you access your prescription medications at affordable rates. We specialize in applying on your behalf to the Xolair patient assistance program—and to other programs if you need help paying for other prescription medications. We know the complexities of the application process and simplify it by doing the paperwork for you!
We can even arrange for home deliveries of your medications—and we manage refills at no extra cost! No more long lines at the pharmacy. Our team can determine if you meet the eligibility criteria for patient assistance programs, so contact us today. We’re here to help you get the drug assistance you need. You don’t have to struggle to pay for prescription drugs any longer. Talk to one of our representatives today!