Looking for ways to lessen your out-of-pocket Basaglar costs? For most people, especially those lacking adequate commercial insurance, high costs make it challenging to afford prescription medication. Are you tired of constantly searching for a Basaglar savings card, coupon, or government program that offers assistance?
That’s where our team at The Rx Advocates comes in. Our aim is to help lessen your financial burden and keep you from worrying about how you’re going to afford your essential medication. We have helped many people save on their monthly prescriptions by guiding them through the application process of patient assistance programs. These programs, which are offered by pharmaceutical companies, can lower your costs much more than a typical coupon.
(using The Rx Advocates)
One Dose Pack
* Source: GoodRx.com
Accessing the Basaglar patient assistance program with The Rx Advocates
Curious to know how The Rx Advocates can help you access the Basaglar patient assistance program? The Rx Advocates provides help to those seeking a way to afford their monthly medications. We work with more than 100 pharmaceutical assistance programs all over the US to get people the savings they need. Anyone can apply for a patient assistance program, but it can be hard to find the right one, and the application process is exhausting. We make your life much easier by handling the application process for you!
When patients work with us, they can rest assured that they will be saving money every month. There are no hidden fees, and our pricing is transparent. We charge a one-time enrollment fee of $35. Our service is month to month, so if you’re not happy with it, you may cancel at any time. Our monthly service fee ranges from $70–$100, depending on the number of medications you need financial assistance with. Here’s a look at our pricing model:
- 1 Medication (Basaglar only) – $70 per month
- 2 Medications (Basaglar + 1 other) – $80 per month
- 3 Medications (Basaglar + 2 others) – $90 per month
- 4+ Medications — $100 per month
The Rx Advocates is not a health insurance plan or a Basaglar savings card or coupon provider. We work with patient assistance programs, which our clients report make their monthly medications much more affordable. These programs lift the heavy financial burden of prescription medication, allowing people to focus on other important aspects of life. Working with us can bring savings of hundreds or even thousands of dollars every month!
Basaglar coupon restrictions
While Basaglar coupons can provide some savings, they come with restrictions you must consider:
- Coupons have expiration dates, limiting the time frame in which they can be used.
- Discounts may only apply to certain dosages or quantities of a medication, meaning those who need large amounts or high dosages may not qualify for savings.
- A Basaglar coupon may not be accepted at all pharmacies, limiting where you can go to fill your prescription.
- Some coupons are available only to those who meet certain eligibility criteria, such as specific insurance plans or income levels.
- A coupon might not count toward your out-of-pocket maximum, leaving you responsible for the full cost of Basaglar.
The Basaglar patient assistance program is a much better option for long-term savings and convenience than a Basaglar savings card or coupon. These programs offer ongoing discounts, so patients can save money every time they fill their prescriptions. Patients also don’t have to worry about expiration dates or pharmacy restrictions, making these programs a more convenient and reliable long-term option.
The cost of Basaglar without patient assistance
As of January 2024, the average retail cost of Basaglar is $389.05.
Most users struggle to cover this cost every month. As a result, they often seek ways to reduce the cost or simply go without the medication they need, putting their health at risk.
Prescription medication costs can be confusing. Depending on their insurance, people may pay vastly different prices for the same drug! The price you pay for Basaglar depends on several variables:
- Your location (prices in cities are often higher than those in other areas)
- Your pharmacy’s location
- The dosage prescribed by your doctor
- Whether your insurance plan covers prescription drugs
The Rx Advocates can help you access patient assistance programs to get Basaglar and your other prescription medications at significantly lower out-of-pocket cost than you can with a coupon. Contact us today to see if you qualify!
How much will it cost with The Rx Advocates?
How much will it cost with The Rx Advocates?
If approved, by the Basaglar Patient Assistance Program, you’ll be charged a fixed monthly service fee. This fee varies depending on the number of medications you qualify for. For example:
$70 / Month
$80 / Month
$90 / Month
$100 / Month
$70 / Month
$80 / Month
$90 / Month
$100 / Month
Eligibility criteria for the Basaglar patient assistance program
- For singles, you earn less than $40,000 annually
- For couples, your combined annual income is less than $60,000
- For large families, your annual household income is less than $100,000
Basaglar uses, alternatives, and other FAQs
Basaglar, generic name insulin glargine, is used to help control blood sugar in adults and children with type 1 diabetes and in adults with type 2 diabetes. It is a long-acting form of insulin that requires about 90 minutes to take effect and keeps working for at least 24 hours. Basaglar is not recommended for patients currently experiencing diabetic ketoacidosis, which is a medical emergency.
Basaglar’s dosage is dependent upon a few factors:
- Metabolic needs
- Blood glucose monitor readings
- Level of glycemic control
- Type of diabetes
- History of prior insulin use
Insulin glargine injections are available in two forms: a Tempo Pen and a KwikPen. Each pen contains 300 units (3 mL) of insulin, which can be used for multiple injections when the pen needle is changed. Both forms expire 28 days after opening or removing them from the fridge.
Basaglar is administered once daily under the skin in an area such as the lower abdomen or thigh. For best results, it should be taken at the same time each day. Consult with your physician about how to avoid injecting the wrong dose.
Always be well informed about any drug you put into your body and consult with your doctor before starting any new medication. Before starting Basaglar, be sure to consider the following precautions:
- Never share your Basaglar injectable needles, as this may put you at risk for a serious infection, such as HIV
- Do not mix Basaglar with any other insulin medication
- When using insulin, always closely monitor your blood glucose levels
For those uncomfortable about using Basaglar, there are many alternatives to consider:
If you’re considering alternatives to Basaglar, it’s important to note that insulin products are not interchangeable on a unit-to-unit basis. Any change in insulin should be done under the guidance of your doctor.
Basaglar adverse effects
Common adverse effects of Basaglar
Every drug has the potential to cause adverse effects. An adverse reaction is an unwanted response to a medication taken in recommended doses. Most common adverse reactions resolve on their own and do not need medical attention. Some common adverse reactions of Basaglar are:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Injection site redness, bleeding, swelling, or itching
- Changes in fat tissue at the site of injection
- Weight gain
Serious adverse effects
Although rarely reported, Basaglar may cause serious adverse reactions. Seek medical attention immediately if you notice the following signs and symptoms:
- Severe or prolonged hypoglycemia, which can be fatal if not treated quickly. Typical symptoms include dizziness, light-headedness, headache, involuntary shaking, irritability, extreme sweating, sudden blurry vision, fast heartbeat, mood change, confusion, slurred speech, anxiety, and extreme hunger.
- Severe allergic reactions, such as a fast heartbeat, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, tongue, or throat.
- Hypocalcemia, which can lead to breathing problems, irregular heartbeat, or even death.
- Swelling of the lower limbs
- Unexplained or sudden shortness of breath
- Rapid weight gain
Receive monthly Basaglar savings with The Rx Advocates
At The Rx Advocates, we want to do everything we can to help our patients afford their monthly medications. We charge a fixed service fee of just $70–$100 per month with no hidden fees or upcharges. Our patients pay only this service fee to receive their monthly medications delivered to their front door.
We know how expensive monthly prescriptions can be. This is true for people with and without health insurance. A patient assistance program offers more substantial savings than Basaglar savings cards or coupons, significantly reducing your out-of-pocket costs. At The Rx Advocates, we firmly believe that no one should have to stress about how to afford their medications. There is a way, and we make it possible.
Would you like more information about how The Rx Advocates can help you reduce the cost of your monthly Basaglar prescription? Please contact us today; we’ll check your eligibility and get you started on our program right away.